Thursday, April 3, 2014

Rosalie Alice Martinez passed away April 1, 2014 at the age of 59 in Boise, Idaho.

Rosalie was born September 16, 1954 to loving parents Paul and Vickie Martinez in Nyssa, Oregon. She attended school in Fruitland, Idaho.

Rosalie had a gypsy spirit and easily made life-long friendships everywhere she went. She loved to dance, sing, laugh and, especially, make others laugh. She will be remembered for her great sense of humor, beautiful smile, giving nature and willingness to help anyone in need. 

Rosalie is survived by her two children: Sandy Santa Cruz (David) and David "Tony" Hall; her four grandchildren who were precious to her: Layla (12), Jonah (10), Alexander (5), and Sylas (3); and five siblings: Pauline Carbajal, Robert Martinez, Paul Martinez Jr., Victor Martinez, and Veronica Martinez Blodgett (Mike).

She was preceded in death by her father, Paul Martinez, and brother, Ambrose "Amos" Gurule.

A memorial service will be held at 10am Saturday, April 5th at Aclesa Funeral Home 8209 Fairview Avenue Boise, Idaho 83704.

In lieu of flowers, the family has set up a memorial fund at Capitol Educators Federal Credit Union. Donations can be dropped off in person at any branch location or mailed to Capitol Educators FCU, 7450 Thunderbolt Drive, Boise, Idaho 83709 . Please reference the Memorial Account for Rosalie Martinez.

Thank you to all who gave their love and support through her last days.

Please share your memories of our mom, daughter, sister, and friend by commenting below.

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture of your mom. Sandy, you look just like her! I really can still hear her laugh like it was yesterday. I pray for peace beyond all understanding for all of her friends and family.

    - Katie Redmon

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Janay Hill: oh boy! there are so many memories of your mom stemming all the way back to when u were in 1st grade & I was in 2nd jumping rope & drinking Kool-Aid which my mom never made. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Kimie Chournos Snapp: I am so sorry. I will pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Heather Zepeda: I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom was an amazing, feisty, caring person and had a great sense of humor! I will never forget her laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Tony Hall: Just want to say I love my family and friends. Thank you for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Tony Hall: Today was one of the hardest days I've ever had to face. I've been pretty strong all week. But today reality hit home. The fact I will never see my mother again hit me hard today while giving my eulogy at her memorial. I wanted to write something down to read to everyone but decided to speak from the heart. Not really sure what I muttered out between the tears. No words can sum up how I feel. I'm going to miss her so much. I just wanted to thank everybody who made it out. What a turnout. My mom would have been proud. I know I'll see her again someday when we will all be together again with all our passed loved ones. No more pain no more fear no more sorrow. See you when I get there. I love you mom. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Betty Luna: Rosalie was very good to me, I'll miss her, she touched my life with happiness, when I was frail she lifted me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Nancy Titus: So you were the sadness I felt on the wind today. Your pain is over my dearest friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Emily Hall: It's like the skies are shedding tears right along with us all and it just won't stop. I can only imagine the amount of tears today as you were loved by so many. Please watch over my children, all four of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosa♡♡ This morning I heard a notification. I knew it was a fb message then I saw who sent it and knew. I stayed strong through my work day, picked Ashley up and came home. We met Sophia and Dakota at the driveway. We came in and threw our things on the floor and checked our fb. There's you and Tony:) You're smiling bright like you always did. ... And for the first time. .. The kids and I wept.... together, no holds barred. We felt how much were gonna miss you and we felt how much we already do. Rose, you impacted my life in a tremendous way and I will never forget that♡ Keep an eye on us crazy kids and those to come in the future. I might need a whoopin from time to time and your the only one brave enough to do it! I love you so much Tia Rosa♡♡
    Love Always
    Sarah Heinz 57
    "sarahfienda"

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Amber Polisso: I will love and miss you always. You have a special place in my heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Jennifer Martinez: Rest in peace aunt Rosalie Martinez. We will never forget you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mom was a beautiful, wonderful woman and she will be missed dearly. She had an amazing laugh that I will never forget. Rest in Paradise...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Although I didn't know her, Rosalie and I were neighbors. We said 'hello' a couple of times when I walked past her apartment. Each time I noticed a cheerful, loving light in her eyes. It didn't surprise me then when folks at the memorial talked about her large, generous heart. I realize in hindsight that I'm the poorer for not having taken the opportunity to get to know Rosalie better. When we all get to the other side.someone do me a favor and introduce us! In the meantime be a Rosalie to someone in your life. Kevin Merrell

    ReplyDelete